Home Forum

How to not display articles till last subcategory?

If you don't know how to make something with Multicategories Component for Joomla!1.5 ask us here

How to not display articles till last subcategory?

Postby Gramsen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:37 am

Greetings mr. Milkman!

The new version of multicategories is simply just great, i can now do whatever i like with the blog view, and make it extremely userfriendly.
One thing is nagging me though, i want to build my site, so that articles will only display when a user reaches the desired subcategory.

If i had the section named joomla with these subcategories: Joomla > Extensions > Categories/Sections > Multicategories
Then i would like to ONLY display the articles when the end subcategory is reached (which in this case is multicategories).
Currently i get articles all over the place, below the subcategories, which makes it look rather messy.

I hope you understand my question, and that we can figure out some sort of way to fix this, maybe i just missed something :o
Anyhow, thanks a lot for the great extension, and best of luck adding more stuff to it!

Gramsen
Gramsen

Re: How to not display articles till last subcategory?

Postby mik356ua » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello, Gramsen!

Here is a slightly modified version of the Multicategories Component which have the option you asked for. After installation go to Menus->Your menu->Your Multicategories Blog Link. There will be a new radio button "Show Subcategory Articles", turn it off to get what you want.
Attachments
com_multicategories.zip
Multicategories Component for Joomla!1.5 version 1.0.6a
(89.41 KiB) Downloaded 1968 times
mik356ua
In Charge

Postby Gramsen » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Hello again!

I truly appreciate this, has exactly what i needed to get my database up and running properly.
Are there any plans on making the subcategories searchable? So they would display as a category in the default joomla search?

Anyhow, thanks a lot again! :D

Gramsen out
Gramsen

Postby mik356ua » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 am

Sure! Search plugin will be included in the next version
mik356ua
In Charge

Return to Multicategories Component for Joomla!1.5 FAQ